I have made all assets by myself. This is my second game jam, but the first using GameMaker: Studio as an engine and being solo.
- GameMaker: Studio
- Photoshop CS6
- FL Studio 12
Neural Pathway Level 2
I did it! I destroyed 2$ worth of bitcoin! I have no idea why I needed to, or how that related to the floating heads and falling paint, but I had fun doing it anyway! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have a lot to say about this, so I'll just write it out point form:
- You absolutely nailed the aesthetic and old pc feel you were going for
- Music was great
- The controls felt really smooth and responsive
- I liked how you could clip into walls and jump out of them, it helped take the focus away from platforming and more towards shooting things
- It took me forever to realize that paint gives you points, and made the game 5x more fun when I finally realized it. A quick info box at the start of the game explaining the points would have made for less frustration
- The penalty for falling in pits felt a bit too high, and usually forced me to restart (either make the pits cause a game over or lower the penalty for falling down)
- The win screen was kind of disappointing after 6 minutes of intense head battling
- I want more of this! :P
Overall this is definitely one of my favourite games of this jam, great job! :D
Very nice artstyle, and cool concept, but the gameplay is clearly the weak point of the game.
Like kwis said, the projectiles are too fast, so most of the time you can't really avoir them. And the random spawning seem too slow to let us get 2k points.
Also, on my second try I died towards the left of the red level, don't know why :(
Kwisarts Level 46
- Impossible to avoid getting hit as the bullets fly fast and are difficult to shoot.
- The game gets too insane in the red part where it becomes impossible to stack up score as it goes down too fast.
- The countdown didn't seem very relevant so the theme doesn't show too much.
- some collision bugs, if you fall a bit in a pit then get back, your character slides inside the blocks
Aside that, the main menu is cool, the music is nice and it feels nice to shoot!
Cole Pergerson Level 2
It would be really cool if you made an endless runner version of this game. I really enjoyed running around the level trying the defeat the majestic evil heads while trying not to fall off.
Also nice music!
var MP; Level 3
I genuinely laughed at the background switcher. I loves the aesthetics of this.
I really liked the game.
The only thing is: I think it's kind of unbalanced, as I think it's way too hard. I also think you are left on your own to figure out what exactly gives you points.
Nice entry, man. That f*cking background switcher. lol.
adrian09_01 Level 4
Nice concept, but not really relevant to the theme. I must say you nailed the old PC aesthetic though.
Grace Level 16
The presentation of this game has a very authentically old computer feel to it. Sometimes you'll see games doing the whole "fake old OS" thing online but there's something off, and i feel like you really managed to recreate the feeling of using an old computer. The lag when you start up the true game was a nice touch.
On the other hand, i feel like this whole game is some kind of inside joke that i don't get. Who is this man invading my computer? What was the deal with the change background button, what did those wallpapers mean? Why must we kill this floating head man? What does it all have to do with bitcoin? The actual game is fun, if a little unrelated to the theme. I see there's a countdown, but it doesn't feel like a part of the game. I was also unclear that you were supposed to shoot the blood on the ground for extra points until the second phase when everything turned red. Before that, it seemed a bit too slow. Also, i love the music in this game, 10/10 on that for sure. Gotta love trance.
89o Level 14
Loved this one! Really fun, nice concpt with the fake OS (I just can't get enough of those), and weird but interesting artstyle, bombastic sounds and music. Really, this is one of my favorites! You should really get around making a commercial game (except if you've already made one, in which case, make more!) PS You're French
Panda-K Level 13
I really enjoyed your game (and the fake OS backdrop!), but the enemy spawning seemed really inconsistent. During the last minute (up until the final 10s) there was only one enemy every 5-10 seconds making it really difficult to rack up many points :(
Fantastic art style as well!
Lord_404 Level 4
Simple haves a nice style the background switcher spooked me at first then i just laughed. it is really short give it a try