The gm(48) is a quarterly 48 hours GameMaker game jam from the community of /r/GameMaker .
For more than 5 years, the community has been running the gm(48) for game developers of all ages and abilities. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, a programmer or an artist, young or old, in a team or going solo, you will feel welcome here.
All you have to do to participate is register an account on the website. You can register at any time, and it's completely free.
When the game jam starts, you create your game. When it ends, you submit it via the website. There's no complicated sign-up process, or silly requirements to enter the game jam.
There is, but it's pretty simple.
The most important rules are 1) that your game must incorporate the theme in some way, 2) that your game must be compiled using GameMaker, and 3) that you have to create your game and its content in the 48 hours between the start and the end of the game jam.
There are a few exceptions, but these are the three major rules. In any case, you should read the rules for more information.
Once the countdown on the front page reaches zero, you can start developing your game.
Create a game, submit it to the website and bam, you're done. That's it, really.
That's the million dollar question!
To win the gm(48), your game must have the highest average sum of the following categories:
- The level of artistry in the graphics, design, and style of the artwork
- The quality of the level design, game balance, fun, and experience
- The ability of the gameplay, story, world, and characters to engage the player
- The amount of originality present in the game's design, art, and story
- The presence of quality sound effects and engaging music
- The responsiveness of the controls and the technical integrity of the game
- The extent to which the game is centered around the given theme
We give prizes to the top three games, so try your best!
Awesome, we're always glad to have more developers join our community game jam!
You'll find the game jam's schedule below this panel. The game jam is organized by the community of /r/GameMaker, and we recommend subscribing to the subreddit to stay up-to-date.
Thank you for your interest. We're looking forward to seeing what you create.
|gm(48)||1st Theme – 1st Round||2nd Theme – 2nd Round||Starts||Ends||Results|
|28th||Oct 6 Oct 6, 2018||Oct 13 Oct 13, 2018||Oct 20 Oct 20, 2018||Oct 22 Oct 22, 2018||Nov 5 Nov 5, 2018|