Terms and Conditions
It's not all code and games.
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the https://gm48.net website ("Website") operated by the administrators ("us", "we", or "our"), and before use of the Website and other online products or services (collectively, "Services").
Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Services. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not access the Services.
Users, participants and games that do not adhere to the rules, found at https://gm48.net/rules, ("Rules") may be disqualified, and may result in immediate exclusion from the competition without prior warning. As such, they may also be shadow banned, blacklisted or otherwise prohibited from public viewing and entry without disclosure or prior warning.
Clarification of terminology:
- "Users" refers to any users that browse with the website, registered or otherwise.
- "Participants" refers to any users that (1) browse with the website and (2) compete in the competition.
- "Games," "game," "game entry" and "entries" refers to any submitted content, including but not limited to, description, summary, title, developer, genre, and any files, such as icon, banner and executables, if otherwise not specifically exempted.
- "Competition," "game jam," "event" and "gm(48)" refers to the accelerated game development event, commonly known as a "game jam."
- "48 hours," "48-hour timespan," "period" and "deadline" refers to the 48 hours participants are given to complete and submit their games.
- "Disqualification" refers to the inability to win prizes, awards and exclusion from the public results.
Our Services allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("Content"). By the Content you make available, you represent and warrant to us that (1) we are within rights to use your Content for promotional purposes, (2) that you have complied to the Rules underlying the competition, (3) that your Content does not violate or infringe upon any other person's, corporation's, business', organization's or institute's rights, and (4) that you created the Content that you make available on the Website, or otherwise have sufficient intellectual property rights to make available the Content.
Changes to Content
We fully reserve the right to remove, edit or otherwise change any and all data, including but not limited, games, entrants, participants, ratings, and comments, without prior warning and disclosure.
Links To Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to third-party web sites or Services that are not owned or controlled by us.
We have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the Content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or Services.
You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or Services available on or through any such web sites or Services.
You must be over the age required by the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use our services.
We have taken technical and organizational measures to prevent your information from being illegally deleted, published, lost, impaired or disclosed, abused or otherwise processed in violation of the law.
Changes to Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to notify you. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions, insights or complaints, please contact us.