Make your game better in 5 seconds
Being able to fullscreen and resize the window is not necessarily enabled in GameMaker by default. Which is stupid.
Enabling these should be the first thing you do when you start a new project. It literally takes 5 seconds.
Even if you don't personally need these features (others will), or implement your own solution in code (waste of time), do this.
GameMaker Studio 2
- ✅ Allow fullscreen switching
- ✅ Allow window resize
GameMaker: Studio 1.4
- Global Game Settings
- ✅ Allow the player to resize the game window
- ✅ Allow switching to fullscreen
Why should I enable these options?
- There is no reason not to.
- Some people have huge monitor resolutions, so many games open up in tiny little windows that can be hard to see.
- Some people love the increased immersion of fullscreen.
- It can make life easier for people who record or stream your game.
- It could positively impact your ratings in categories like Stability or Immersion.
But what if my game doesn't scale up pixel-perfectly?
- No one will notice or care.