Whats is this device? A note written with poor spelling informs you that this is the Simon Colour Box a device designed around the pit falls of the brain designed to trick the careless player. Can you gain the highest score or will this device prove that your brain is no match for tricks and commands? Find out when you play the Simon Colour Box.
//////////////////////////////instructions for reviewers The score to reach to have have had the potential to see everything is 26-30, if you review this game I encourage you to try and achieve a score around there or higher.
if you don't read the note these are the key points to note: Simon is the one to listen too, not Sampson, Simpson, Dio etc. don't press anything if a stranger tells you to do something. do what he says whether to press in reverse or in order. obey his worded instruction not colour he says the words in
Jupiter Hadley Level 9
Neat take on Simon Says! I included it in my GM48: Colors are Important compilation video series, if you’d like to take a look. :) https://youtu.be/VmlMQ0caULs
Kwisarts Level 42
High score: 49 Yay!
- The game feels nice, the difficulty is okay (but it feels a bit slow; though it's an expected difficulty for an arcade game like that)
- the visuals feel nice, it has some kind of theme going on of a machine and the controls and everything are integrated well with it
Not as good:
- A lot of the screen is unused, making us wish it was made a bit differently. I like that the control board is as small as it is though, as it allows to quickly click the buttons. But the area of instruction feels so small in the end.
- Speaking of which, I think the font is not the most ideal. It wasn't bad and it's good that it has consistency in its placement, but I don't feel like that font is optimal to quickly read instructions.
- The colors overall are a bit bland, so the whole thing is a bit sad. I get that it's intended, as it is a machine and all, and it does ring focus on the buttons and screen as opposed to distracting the view. But I still feel it would have been nice if it didn't look as "stern" (first time using that word, hope it fits, as I had to translate from french)
- The sounds are a taaad generic, like just a bit
- but I regret the absence of music
FrogWax Level 5
Slick, clean visuals. Nice curve on the difficulty, and a very responsive. Some more audio would have been nice, maybe a sound track, and something not as grating when pressing buttons over and over again. Maybe a different sound effect for each colour (it might add a difficulty dimension to throw people off - which might be good or bad). Great execution. This feels really polished.
Ivar Level 17
- The difficulty is good.
- The art is good (Especially for a game that is mostly made of text)
- Completely bug free! (As I know)
- It really feels like an old toy.
- I got a score over 100!
Things that could've been better:
- There is no music and I don't like the sound effects.
- It's not original at all.
abso1ution Level 6
Nice game, its refreshing to a different art style to the majority of submissions.
Hikikomori Level 2
Hey! Nice 3D art. Had some difficulties playing the game as I think I kept dying and the game closed immediatly. Would be better to have a gameover screen to avoid restarting the game.
The 3D effect were top noth considering using game maker. Good job
Hey, thanks for trying my game, I'm sorry it crashed for you. I'm not sure how that happened, I'm not sure how you died either. The only thing I can think that happened is maybe you lost and didn't turn the in game machine off and on again? That was intentional, originally you could press r to restart but that didn't match the game theme of a mysterious box, so i made it so you needed to turn the box off and on to reset the in game machine.
If you could give me a bit more details about what caused the crash maybe I can see if I can fix it for a later version or at least warn people who download my game next.
thanks for your feedback