No leftover debug keys, I SWEAR!
Move - WASD
Jump - Space
Interact - E
Attack - JKL
Fullscreen - ALT + ENTER
Programming - WinuX
Music and SFX - WinuX
Graphics - SwissPick
Level and Story Design - Swisspick
Kwisarts Level 54
Bwahaha so I'm not the only one who likes the jkl controls! (we're both swiss, is that why??)
This was a pretty cool entry there! I'll start with what I liked less:
- ..the controls felt a bit awkward because jumping required to press on the middle between movement and action keys (movement with wasd, actions with jkl) which feels uncomfortable because most of the action is with jkl. I think you could afford to have one of the keys here to serve as a jump button, since k and l have longer cooldowns. Or you could allow to also press w for jump!
- So many dialogues! That's super nice, but we should be able to fast forward the dialogues cause waiting for it to end to read it all was kinda tedious, especially since there are many. I'm a fast reader, so it felt frustrating for me
- Although it's interesting to have story telling in the form of pictures like in Hyper Light Drifter, I wasn't sure to understand what it was about. I first thought the controls were not working because I didn't notice the little floating window; it needed to be abit more present with its outline, for example
- Like said by someone else, some enemies are strangely tricky.
- Though this issue is mostly because the first enemies you meet are tricky and not in an easy angle for you to kill; which isn't the best difficulty curve.
- The bow didn't feel so satisfying to use. I think it would have benefited from being thicker and having more juice
- The fact that you can kill friendly people to take their essence is super, super cool (gonna say super cool a lot today it seems...)
- The dialogues are fun :D I especially like the references with the fishes with legs and their simple design
- The world feels lively, with several type of friendlies and foes. That's a nice touch!
I liked playing it, wondering why it is so low in popularity though, it deserves a bit more fame!
Thanks for your Feedback :D
Man, your feedbacks are always so in-depth, I never know how to reply xD
The JKL controls were an idea of my Artist, it was inspired by Risk of Rain, another Gamer Maker game.
The Story canvas at the start was put in in the last 2 hours of the jam, so i kinda rushed it (as usual).
I wanted to make a sound everytime you shoot an arrow to make it more satisfying, but I made most of the sounds in the last 15 minutes or so, because of that some stuff doesn't even have sound...
I'm glad you liked the characters and world, thats were the game shines the most I think.
bombadang Level 2
I loved this one! Favorite entry I've played so far. The art was nicely done, and the writing was hilarious. The NPCs were all so quirky. Reminded me of Paper Mario characters at times.
Those flat reds were tricky. Kinda wish there was just a way to throw the spear down at them :][
Don't stop making games!
GooseNinja Level 3
Solid entry. The fish joke was funny. I liked how I could kill everything. even the friendly characters. Well. Everything except the fish :'D
FrogWax Level 5
Shooting arrows felt really satisfying, the the range of enemies was really cool. Nice aesthetic. The flat flat mobs that jump when you do were difficult, but I really enjoyed hte whole 'feel' of this game. Fish with toes.