'jerry is dead' is a point and click game inspired by the old Sierra games, like 'King's Quest', and 'Leisure Suit Larry'. The game is fairly short, but apparently harder than it looks, because of the bad audio quality on some of the dialogue.
The couple wants a flower, and the guy on the bottom left wants a kiss.
The game was made in one sitting, and was incredibly tiring to make, as the pipeline between Flash and Game Maker was not ideal.
You must be logged in to leave feedbackLog in Register an account
Love point and clicks, so I got things to say!
- Hilarious cutscenes (the way he took the rose lmao)
- Walking is a bit too slow.
- Walking should be default whenever nothing else is selected, to avoid more actions than necessary just to move
- You should assign shortcuts to verbs for easy access like 1-2-3-4
- The visual is cool and simple (reminds me a lot of The Binding Of Isaac's cutscenes), but the lines ar sometimes too thick
- The key wasn't obvious to find (how can I know without acting at random that I needed to take the window?)
- The interface is a bit buggy. When I use the fullscreen shortcut it sometimes is slow or doesn't allow me to access to my other windows?
- Dialogues were hard to understand, but it made them accidentally funny. Not though, don't be afraid to ask other people to participate. I'm sure you can easily find people willing to give you their voices through perhaps a better microphone. ( you could ask in the game maker discord) (I know I'd be up for it lol)
- Game crashed giving me an error when I pressed enter during the couple getting the rose cutscene... :( "Step Event, for object obj_overlay: Unable to find any instance for object index '2' name 'obj_jerry' gml_Object_obj_overlay_Step_0 (line -1)"
- Is it possible to take the fish if you first got up to Ted? Caue on my first playthrough I had no way to get back down so I had to restart.
- Too bad I didn't get the ending :( I like how the end title appears btw
Several issues, but that's a pretty, pretty cool point & click you got there for 48 hours! It was funny, with a cool pace, not too difficult and with a somewhat enjoyable story. The humour was done especially right. That's what I expect whenever I want to play a point & click: unexpected behaviours. I still can't get enough of that rose
EDIT: One of the rare games I added to my favouritesSubmitted
This was so stupid and fun entry :D Yeah, audio levels were bad and UI too large.Submitted
Some of the animations when you interact with stuff were really fun, and it's pretty good overall but there are two major issue with this game:
- the sound, obviously, I'm not sure what happened but the quality is really bad and it's hard to understand anything, simples subtitles would have been great
- the UI is on top of the levels (and it's a problem when you need to get the fish). It's also HUGE for no reason, and you don't really know what's active or not.
Noé Wyatt needs your help
I loved the cut scenes and your unique art style. especially the start button Now going to the critique! The sound of the smash in the beginning is way louder than the other sounds in the game and also it was hard to listen to what people were saying because the sound was kinda muffed and low in volume Also, I don't know if this is a bug or a feature XD, but if you forget (or in reality didn't know!) to grab the fish, your only way was to start the game again!Submitted
I am alive!
i don't think i understood a single piece of the dialogue in this game, but that didn't stop me enjoying itSubmitted