Learn how to ride a bicycle in a safe, virtual environment with Bicycling 101, the premiere interactive bicycle safety edutainment product!
Only by utilising this piece of shareware software, will YOU be able to hit the road without fear of DEATH.
Please give us feedback! 💖
Marketplace assets used in accordance with Rule 4:
- SMF 3D skeletal animation by TheSnidr
Happysquared Level 11
Officer, I did not hit the skateboarding baby. The baby ran into me!
This... is... so... good...
needs a restart button tho, 0/10
and maybe checkpoints changing color, to allow cheating (if you don't follow the path, it's really hard to keep track of checkpoints)
Atomic Level 16
A lot of fun. I personally played on realistic, which was pretty straining, but it's in the light of the joke. I enjoyed the fact that it was 3d - between you and me, that just makes the game a little more appealing in a lot of cases, and I'm sure that will be reflected in the scores. The music was jammy, and I just realized it's also part of the joke that it's in midi. Good job, guys. You really went all out, and created something worth sharing. I could definitely see something like this being pre installed on a computer back in the day, like those pidgeon shooter games.
Art was cool, with compelling 3d models amping the whole thing up. Quality product as to be expected.
Kwis Level 60
- navigation in menu is fine with the realistic controls, but not with comfort. Should have accomodated for each. Feels weird to need the left mouse button just to start a course when you're not using anything but the keyboard. Felt frustrating cause I really wanted press enter/space/w to start the course. Even though I knew it didn't work, I kept trying out of reflex. Oh, also to continue lol
- Would have liked a restart button. Sometimes, it's tricky to know when you're expected to turn. (also, if I wanna make highscores) In a level, i missed a checkpoint without noticing, but had no way to restart/go back to menu.
- Speaking of which, sometimes it's hard to tell where you're expected to go. a clearer track would have helped (more arrows, an actual route, or even just lighter road). But I get that with a 3D game you might not have had ime to squeeze that in.
- I'm kind of a mad driver. Would have liked the control to accomodate for speed better. As in, being able to take turns better (or better, drift, but that would have been too ambitious) and the breaks made you go back so quick, would have liked them to allow you to just break instead of forcing you to scout back right away.
- Lmao the ending
- I expected having rank S to everything would do something, like a new ending/unlock the non-shareware stuff but it didn't. Feels unsatisfying cause it made my efforts vain, just like life itself. :( (is there a way to unlock the other levels?)
Game was fun, but I wished it was more centered around the theme...
Thanks for the feedback! 💖🚲
- Originally the menu was even worse, if you can believe that... 😅
- YUP. When I was recording gameplay footage for the icon, after the deadline, I realised I didn't have a way to restart/quit levels. Big derp moment. Hard yikes.
- Mmm yeah, asset creation takes a long time. Even the arrows were really last minute - so last minute in fact that they don't even have models, they are just sprites on a sprite layer, which is why they look weirdly pixelated sometimes. Defining the tracks was also a little bit of an issue, since I was scared of adding too many cones, thinking that might slow the game down a lot. So by making the tracks pretty small and tightly packed, I could use less cones. In hindsight, I think I could've definitely added more cones and made more well defined tracks! I developed the game with GMLive.gml, so the game ran with worse performance during my testing than in the final build >.<
- I was toying around with changing the turning radius depending on your speed, but I don't even remember if that ended up in the final version or not lol. I had also planned to implement front and back brakes (i.e. the brakes on the handlebar of a bike), which would act different. But I didn't have time..
- Again, if only I had more time >.<
I'm glad you found it fun!
Josh K. Level 14
Josh K and KampHellCoding played your game. If you'd like to see our ratings and reactions check out our video! Your game was around the 42:00 mark.
Mohamed_DKD Level 2
I really enjoyed the game, especially the shareware part XD . Also, even though people mentioned it already, but using the scroll wheel was a genius move!
No way it incorporates theme, but it is fun and nice looking game :) There was uprising even I pushed them all over :( Game was polished and music fit overall game, it wasn't too epic or emotional, just bit 'midi'sh tune repeating, which in this case wasn't bad. You always stand out with your 3D jamgames :)
Thanks for the feedback!
If I had just 5 minutes more, I would've probably added a "good ending" lol
The theme was interpreted like "you have to learn how to do a thing, so you can avoid a death state by failing at doing the thing", i.e. it's an "educational" game that'll teach you how to not die when you try to ride a bicycle IRL. Maybe a bit of a stretch, it's certainly a very abstract interpretation of the theme, but I always find it a little boring to make something that uses the theme super straightforward. Of course ratings are likely to be lower, but that's a risk worth taking if it means potentially making a more interesting or unique game imo
(but even then, the game technically doesn't have any death state, and even in the ending you survive, so I guess it does follow the theme in the most boring sense 😜)
JCx64 Level 3
Using the mouse wheel for pedaling is genius.
To make the game fully mouse-centered I'd use the distance from mouse_x to the center of the screen as an steering system.
It's very fun, nice work!
The scroll-wheel controlled bicycle was originally an idea I had for the theme Abnormal Movement, but I thought the idea could fit the final theme, so I decided to make it. I'm happy you enjoyed it!
I did think about going further with the weird controls, but thought I'd play it a little safer, since that theme didn't get picked after all