Tecpatl was the name of the knife used to do sacrifices in the aztec empire!
You have to kill the invaders of the new world to collect their souls, then you can sacrifice the virgins to level your rank to jaguar warrior and then eagle warrior, the only capable of invoke and fight the great aztec good huitzilopochtli!
- You need to have at least 10 souls to level up
- Final boss will not spawn if the warrior is not eagle rank
- Arrows to move
- Shift to run
- Ctrl to attack
- S to sacrifice virgin on altar
- R to restart the game
- Sometimes you can get stuck on the corners, stones and trees if you are knocked back into them.
- The final boss is also buggy
Tecna Level 10
It's very nice to see a game about pre-colombian civilizations. Past jam, my team made an Incan game, so I'm really glad to see some other people with this trend, so I commend you for that.
As your game, the art style looks really cool, the music is great but a little too happy and the gameplay is nice. I'm not a huge fan of gore, but with the knockback, it gave more impact to your game, which was a nice touch. The upgrades are very cool and matches the real life aztec military positions, so that's even more cool.
So, you did a great job. Let me know if and when you are releasing a post-game jam version of this game. :)
Veralos Level 33
Cool game. I like the hit sound and the knockback - it makes the hits feels pretty impactful. The graphics and music are also nice (though the music seems very out of place in a game where you brutally kill people).
Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to beat the final boss even after playing the game twice. The collision is pretty weird so it's hard to tell where you can go to avoid its attacks.
Connie Rivera Level 1
I could really use a hint about how to hit, jump, run or all the features I would need to know for playing the game, I just press all my keyboard and I didn't work haha. I love the music
Rohbert Level 14
Such cheery music while you murder 20 soldiers and sacrifice 2 woman. Did you make the music yourself? So yeah, collision detection was a bit bad as was the combat. But the game did have that feeling that kept me playing. The boss one shot me and my character would not respawn though. Not bad.
nope we didnt made the music we take an open source track from freefxs.co.uk, it was one of the last things we added we have no time to do it ourselfs, the 3 axis systems needs more work is the first time I try to implement this so yeah is a little sloppy but Im working in optmization in that matter, thank you very much for your feedback
Problematicar Level 36
Seriously? You put in your game the hardest boss ever created and when the player finally beats it, it just runs off screen? Underwhelming.
Aside that the game is pretty balanced, and art and sound are actually pretty good, except for some weird pixel ratios.
Difficulty curve has a sudden impossible spike at the boss, and some of the collisions can and will get you stuck, but those are probably the two only bad parts of the game.
You officially are the first person in the world to beat the boss... I was hoping nobody could do it so I would have the shame of no having a final screen :(, thank you for your feedback, we needed more time to polish everything but I think we will continue to work in the game so we can add everything we have in mind and adding feedback fixes :)
The music is way too happy :D
Leveling up should really increase the power, as there doesn't seem to be any difference here
Kwisarts Level 54
Not bad, but there is room for improvement:
- The game is waaay too slow! Your walking speed should be your running speed and running should be faster. It feels rather rigid, too bad cause there are knockbacks and that's cool. Attacks could have a second frame, the game lacks fluidity.
- The controls are... odd. I get that shift is the usual to run but your hands are then weirdly placed to hit control to attack... The weirdest choice for an attack button. To be honest, I don't really think you need a running key to begin with, the character should just move faster. It would have been more interesting to have an evade button, as the fights tend to be too simple
- The sacrifice doesn't feel like it's of any use. I was low on life when I upgraded and died the next hit... DIdn't feel that much powerful neither. I think that upgrading should give you some health back
Hello Kwisarts all your comments are pretty accurate of what we think of the final result, we didnt have enough time to polish the gameplay, controls, etc, we just wanted to have a playable level at the end of the jam, about the running option the idea was to have an special attack when running but we didnt have time to implement it, the evade parry option is an amazing Idea and if we decide to continue with this project we would definitely consider it, about the sacrifice you are totally right there is a note about that in the game page, we wanted to add new attacks and special moves when the leveling up, also about the health recovery when level up is a good idea, thank you very much for your honest feedback, this is our first ever gm48 jam, and we hope to improve this game and the future game jam entrys :)