Play as a bomb defuser in the fast-paced puzzle based adventure platformer game D-DEFUSE! You got your amazing bomb defusing skills and jetpack ready! now all that awaits is the adventure!
This simple sounding, good looking game has unique visuals and awesome game design.
...tutorials are all inside the game...
note:- I will work on the game even after the GM48 Jam because I didn't get the time to make it the way I imagined it... The final version will have a lot more levels and more amazing visuals and more JUICE!.. Because all that we need is JUICE!
Programming, Art, and music in the game is done by one and only, Mickpurple.
Challenging platformer! I included it in my GM48: Countdown compilation video series, if you’d like to take a look. :) https://youtu.be/MHzNKYCzwks
Solid game overall. Two things:
- the jetpack is infinite so the jump has barely any use
- I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that the whole axes killed you. In all platforming games in history, the pole that supports the rotating saw do not kill the player. It's like having a wall killing you when you touch it. (see mario's rotating flames vs super meat boy's rotating saws)
I think it´s a good game. I like the art and the difficulty. Implementation of jetpack is great. I also have 3 tips:
1) WASD controls are not appropriate for me if you defuse bomb with F, I would rather use arrow keys 2) music is a little bit annoying after a while 3) controlling the jetpack is not bad, but it can be certainly improved (lower delay, quicker response, ...)
Anyway, good job :)Submitted
Defusing a bomb is a pretty simple interpretation of the theme but it still works well. There's a nice amount of tension and challenge in trying to reach the bomb in time. Unfortunately the movement feels a bit sluggish which does hamper the enjoyment somewhat.
The visuals are overall average but effective. The player character and it's animations are pretty cute. The music is a bit grating though.
Thank you so much for playing the game!
I kinda now notice that the controls could have been better, but sadly I can do nothing about that now (atleast in the Jam version)
As for the music, I'm sorry but I have made that in under 10 minutes, It could be better if I had more time to work on the music.
- Controls are odd. F is next to D, so counter-intuitive to use it as an action button in a game with a timer. E would have fit better in my opinion.
- Quickly discarded the jump button because the jetpack is better. Could limit the jetpack to make the jump relevant in the game's meta.
- You shouldn't die from going outside the room. You could prevent the player from doing it by making collisions at the edge, or let him go through a bit. At the very worst you can rely on objects to kill the player when he falls, otherwise it feels weird. The hammer passage was frustrating because you gotta be extra careful when reaching the top after a difficult passage
- Speaking of which, the hammer passage was a violent spike in the difficulty curve :p
- Avoid leaps of faith. It's good to know where we're going when moving ^^
That said the graphics are cute despite the lack of sounds! I like how cool the bar moves when the clock is ticking. :] (dm if you need more precision)Submitted
yes, I totally agree with everything you said. Controls were bad some mechanics were stupid :P Thanks for pointing out all those things, they will really help me learn how to make a better overall experience for the player.
The fact that, I wanted to make more levels but due to the lack of time I had to end up with what I already had, kinda screwed the difficulty curve. I could have made the last one a little easier but, nvm.
Thanks for playing! and I will try my best to give you a better experience next time.