Your pet has powers based on the fruit it eats.
- Blue fruit gives ice power
- Orange fruit gives fire power
The song changes for each power!
You need to hit the trees' leaves to drop fruits.
Use the power to affect the blocks. You can only use power when not moving and not underwater.
The power obtained has different impact in blocks:
- Fire power burns wood and destroys ice.
- Ice power freezes water and destroys fire.
- Move Left: A or arrow left
- Move Right: D or arrow right
- Jump: W, space bar or arrow up
- Power: arrow down
- Tilt the device to move left or right
- Touch the left side of the screen to use power
- Touch the right side of the screen to jump
It is pretty experimental. The game is designed for keyboard, but I decided to see how it would be in Android, so, please, play it only if you're curious.
- There's no restart button. There are a few conditions that needs to restart the stage, but I ran out of time.
- I didn't had time to implement all sound effects.
- There's no start screen but the game is not time based
- You can switch to full screen with Alt + Enter
Took 9h30min to make this game.
Nice game, only criticism is that you end up back tracking a lot to get powers so it takes a lot of time to get back to where you were if you die.Submitted
Nice initial puzzle but I think it needed a few other puzzles in. I also didn't feel as if it was about companions enough, perhaps if they were separate and you could switch between them. Now the big one has to grab the fruits and throw them to the smaller companion, who can crawl into areas the big guy couldn't to open up the way.Submitted
Nice idea, it feels like you had an idea for opposite elements and you had to improvise so you changed that idea to work with a companion. I love that kinda improvise. >try and work on adding some animations to the player so it feels a bit more alive.
>also make it so you can jump at shoot, that seems fun.Submitted
Thank you! It was a very helpful feedback. My plan was to animate in Spine but I ran out of time. I might upgrade it later on. The jump part it is easier to do. And I agree, mainly on Android, being able to shoot only when static is annoying.