Don your best toga, and gather your strangest assortment of weapons, Limitless Growth is here!
Kill enemies to build up your combo, which makes the game harder and multiplies your xp gained. But beware, dying resets it! However, one thing that dying doesn't reset is your QUEST FOR POWER. In fact, dying helps it, by dramatically increasing your capabilities!
- A fully fledged progression system
- 8 different abilities, which all scale with your level in different ways!
- 6 different enemy types
- Scaling difficulty, so no matter what, you WILL die (in a good way)
- Cringy one-liners
- A distinct lack of hair
- An impressive toga
- Use WASD to move
- left click, right click, Q, E, R and space for abilities
- Use your mouse cursor to aim
- That's it!
- The game is supposed to be hard, don't worry about dying!
- Abilities get randomized each reset, just taking a second to recognize and learn them will pay off in the long run!
- The ranged enemies are the most dangerous, try to focus them first. They also give the most xp!
- The purple hatted crossbowmen are almost impossible to dodge, but they wont shoot unless theyre quite close.
- Archers predict your movement when aiming, zig zagging helps avoid their arrows!
- Yellow abilities give enemies a good whallop, stunning them in their tracks!
Medic Level 1
Enjoyable. I loved the audio- especially the voices. A satisfying time-killer. Art is simplistic and appealing.
Kwisarts Level 47
The death dialogues were pretty fun. I also like the variety and how the game kind of renew itself upon death! Note, the camera follows the cursor a bit too quick to my taste. At some point though, the game gets a bit repetitive, but remains cool either way!
Mohamed_DKD Level 2
Firstly the good thing, I really enjoyed the variety of the weapons, although I felt like the enemies didn't have that much variety as the weapons. I also loved the way you interpreted the jam theme.
Regarding the negatives, I would say the thing that required working the most was the "sound department", since the sounds can sometimes annoy you rather than immerse you, especially the normal gun sound which was way louder than the other sound, and it was annoying at some times to keep hearing it while waiting for the other weapons to load, so maybe you could lower its volume and maybe add variety of sounds to the gun.
As for the art, I liked its simplicity, although i felt like the weapon symbols were kinda rushed regarding what I reached, I managed to reach level XI and my highest multiplier was 60X
In the end, Good job ^__^
Amber Level 1
A funny game to play for a bit with silly dialogue, sounds, and art. Great variation in weapons and enemy types and the idea of leveling as you die is unique. Perhaps adding a skill tree in the future while leveling would add some great depth and strategy.
I agree with what some others have been saying, I think the weapons can be hard to manage and that a cleaner method of picking an attack might help this.
Chubb1337 Level 2
It's pretty funny with those voice sounds. Got to level XI with a combo of 52 before I decided I had enough, not sure if that is any good? Very enjoyable, but grows repetitive after a while.
Has some trouble getting all the abilities to activate while also trying to walk around, especially the R key.
I played this yesterday and gave rating. As Dittrick stated, it did hook to play longer than you need to in neverending games, there were few funny meme references and I see you put archer shoot in direction where player will be, which is nice. Makes harder just to run around enemies. The lack of music took some points, good that you made sound effects. Visuals were simplistic. The attacks had maybe too many buttons, maybe mouse scroll would have been better to select which to use, not sure. There were few good things, like zooming, which require the coding. These games are good for learning, so think ahead how you next time want test your limits and try something new and try incorporate theme in it :)
Adrien Dittrick Level 6
Had lots of fun playing this one,
- The base gameplay loop is simple but addictive.
- The graphics are simple but the visual effects are nice
- There is no music but the sound effects are very satisfying to listen to.
- The weapon variety is nice and their quirks are fun (like the delay between knife throws)
Exactly what i'm looking for in a jam game!
Allison James Level 8
Fun little game! I "enjoyed" the variance in enemies - in quotemarks because the boulder throwers and the archers were evil - and the options for attacking were neat. It was interesting to have to adapt to different weaponry between rounds as well.