You are one of the few left after a global pandemic decimated your planet, Orb.
Also the absolute last remaining 💪🏻🔬 CHADENTIST🔬💪🏻(Chad + Scientist)...use your wits (and muscles) to overcome any obstacle! In this locked bunker, grow the perfect counter-virus that will save the remaning Orbians!
ℹ️ TUTORIAL ℹ️
#LOG 323: Someone left something written on the floor, i reckon i should investigate, might tell me more on the counter-virus formula. There was some commotion, but i can still see part of it ...
🎮 CONTROLS 🎮
- LMB to order a move
- RMB to parkour / turbo / fast-move / shortcut over obstacles (check your energy, if it reaches 0 = enjoy death)
- MMB to cancel all movement in progress
- SPACE to interact
- X,C,V,1,2,3,4 for options when interacting with machines
- Backspace for FULLSCREEN
- ESC to restart
📝GENERAL HUD TIPS 📝
- YELLOW button / highlight = instant action
- GREEN button / highlight = hierachy action / takes time to do
- RED button / highlight = cancel
- GRAY button = can't use now / inactive
- MACHINE / BUILDINGS colors corespond to the inventory HUD states
🐛KNOWN ISSUES 🐛
- game can be finished and that's something.jpeg (not the worst issue to have)
- no viruses (viruses slow you down and contaminate the batch, if you don't do it in the right order)
- pushing objects feature isn't there yet
- all timers are fast in this version just so it allows quick gameplay (not intended to be that fast)
- ain't nobody got time for graphix and soundz...
- movement sometimes goes nuts (ESC to restart)
- can double/triple down on microbe - machine actions
- need to use a different slot when adding microbes to the next machine (from the last used) to work as intended (it's a bug now but actually half-a-feature)
- ^ because of this you can pretty much skip the timers and finish the game really fast (not intended of course...)
- HUD states sometimes don't work as they should
- can pickup microbes from a different machine then the one you're at :|
- can turbo whilst not moving (another half-assed feature called STRESS :) )
- days are much faster on Orb than what we are used to...
PS: This was my first jam in a very very long time, was really fun and learned alot!
Yosi Level 29
Interesting concept! I'm not quite sure what the parkour mechanic is useful for though, as I was able to beat the game with only normal walking...
Ash Level 1
Pretty complicated gameplay but I thought your systems were awesome - technically this game is really cool. Needs a ton of polish to really be something but cool idea and good work!
Tydecon Games Level 17
I feel like the idea here was good but there was a lot going on without a lot of explanation - I know time is restricting but some sort of tutorial might have been helpful, especially with something as complex as what you'd had in mind here. I like the concept and I believe with more time this would be expanded into a very in-depth game, but the time limitation might have been a bit much for the complexity you had here. I hope you expand on this post-jam with some kind of tutorial in-game, but it's a good building block / foundation for the ideas you had :)
I defeated the virus, but I didn't really know what I was doing. I went from station to station analyzing the chromozone or something. It was difficult to understand but I appreciate that the gameplay tries to do something new
SwiggityCricket Level 4
I'm gonna be honest, it was literally too complicated for me to play right now after doing this 48 hr jam. I think a tutorial is necessary. I won't rate it unless I play more.