The grooviest sun god Huehueteotl¹ decides to descend to Earth to take part in the debut of the most glamorous Incan temple built just for him.
Hop from planet to planet, use your insanely tubular fire powers to get a boost, and grab some coins along the way to make sure Huehueteotl never runs out of power. Be careful not to crash, or you'll snap your brand new hoverboard in half.
¹ Not to be mistaken with the Aztec fire god of the same name. Otherwise this game would be called Aztecdescente, wouldn't it?
- Move with A and D, jump with W
- Unleash a beam of fire with a Left click
- F5 : Enable or disable Vsync
- F6 : Toggle between 3 performance modes if the game runs too slow
GAME WON'T LOAD / BLANK SCREEN? :
- Try switching to windowed mode (ALT+ENTER), or hitting F5 to disable VSync.
- Possibly try launching the game with compatibility options.
- Giancarlo França coded the game and made the background music and some sound effects
- Daniel Rosso and Raquel Marcolino designed the game's visuals
- Additional sound effects by , Nic3_one, LeeZH and OpenGameArt
- Special thanks to Gabriel Bhering for helping flesh out the game's core concept
- Also thanks to /u/flyingsaucerinvasion and KeeVeeGames for publicly available code snippets.
Thank you for your time! We hope you like it!
Brupibo Level 11
Nice mechanics, I loved the song, controls are a bit hard, but the game is very fun to play! Good work!
Scott Richards Level 22
The background art was very impressive, but I wish the character matched it. A direction arrow would have been very helpful. However, I really liked the Mario galaxy like gravity mechanic, it felt like a very innovative thing to do for the jam.
Problematicar Level 36
Holy Polish, this game is great, it looks good, it sounds good, the gameplay idea is awesome, and it has a cool take on the theme along with a funny vibe.
It just doesn't feel too great to play, it's not frustrating or even close to that, it's just mildly unbalanced, some minor things like speed physics, or the use of A and D to move being a little confusing when you don't have absolute directions (spinning around planets).
But as I said, those are minor things, and overall the game is great under most aspects, good job!
Veralos Level 33
The graphics look great, the sound is nice, and it's fun launching between planets. However, I wish it was a bit easier to slow yourself down as it can be hard to avoid crashing into stuff.
Yeah, the production value on this one is really impressive. Funny concept and great name too :D
There's some weird physics happening sometimes and I couldn't figure out where to go (I wasn't sure down was "down" in space :D), but other than that, nice one.
SpaceMyFriend Level 15
The game sounds and looks great! I feel the player should be able to pick up a little more speed though. Other then that.... Great job!
Thank you! :)
We had a couple of builds that played faster during the jam but we kept reworking and tuning the game's physics in an attempt to find the right balance of floatiness, responsiveness and room for error. Sadly I don't think we accomplished that goal fully.. but it was a learning experience nonetheless.