A mercenary, hired to safeguard a freighter ship across the galaxy, encounters a sordid bunch of spacefaring pirates! Fight back the oncoming hoard and cobble together some custom weaponry to gain an advantage.
But watch out, because your makeshift improvements may come with some side effects that you'll have no choice but to adapt to...
This game can be played with a mouse and keyboard, or with a controller.
When using a mouse and keyboard, WASD moves you around. Left click to use your weapon, and right click to use your utility.
On a gamepad, you can move with the left stick, use your weapon with the right trigger, and use your utility with the left trigger.
- Cannon: Standard projectile, with decent damage and knockback. Good at ranged combat, but may have a harder time dealing with groups.
- Flamethrower: Short ranged burst damage, very effective at wiping out clustered up groups of enemies.
- Chain Lightning: Easy to aim, decent at group fights. Low damage output.
- Dash: Good movement capabilities, good at recovering from high knockback attacks
- Shield: Become invulnerable for a short period, effective for getting close to dangerous enemies.
- Gravity Well: Force enemies to group up into the same location.
- You have a functioning radar at the bottom of the HUD that tells you which direction enemies are approaching from!
- Some enemies attack you, some attack the freighter, and some swap between the two of you.
- If you die on a wave, you can retry it using a new loadout. Some loadouts are better at certain waves than others.
This is a very polished jam game!
The art looks great -- I especially appreciated the amount of detail in the UI. For example, the pirate's dialog points to the little radio speaker in the cockpit 👌
The controls handle well with smooth action.
The difficulty was good and the different weapons and utilties gave some interesting playstyle choices.
The theme was present with some weapons and utilities having side effects but it did not feel like a major focus of the design.Submitted
This is a really well made game, great graphics, good to have the gamepad support and overall a fun one to play, flamethrower is definitely the best weapon for someone with not very tactile skills like me! Humerous dialog as well and it just ran smoothly, can't fault it, good job! :)Submitted
Good graphics. Gameplay was alright but the enemies took to long to show up and then did way more damage then I thought they would. Sorta created a long wait into instant death loop. I liked the upgrades. It was fun trying them all out. I don't really see how this fits the theme though.Submitted