This is a simple platformer.
I know it doesn't look good and it's pretty buggy, but I'd be thankful if you could try it and leave feedback :)
Your goal is to get the 3 treasures.
You can jump, climb ladders and even swing on vines!
I'll let you discover by yourself how I implemented the theme ;)
Everything is done with the arrow keys (or WASD / ZQSD), and you might need your mouse too. If you don't have a scroll wheel and need to scroll, arrows work too.
Since the game can be unstable, I included a little something to help you get over potential bug and crashes if you encounter them. Don't hesitate to keep it open on the side, just in case.
I hope you'll have fun, and I'm looking forward to your feedback!
Guest artists: Beun (scorpion) and Neights (snake)
Music and sounds made in Beepbox and Bfxr
Eva Level 8
This game was very meta! It was kind of confusing at first, but I liked that the codes were related to the thing they changed and that you could type them at any time.
The implementation of the loop was definitely unique. If there was something I would change, I would suggest maybe the typing could type two letters per key (even though it doesn't technically make sense, I felt like I spent a long time mashing the keyboard randomly).
It feels funny to be giving a perfect stability rating to a game that crashes every time you do literally anything but that's how it is sometimes ;)
Kwisarts Level 49
Okay! This was interesting
- Good nudge on the installer thing, I was like "wait, why would fachewa use an installer..."
- Typing ends up being boring, I would recommend to change its pace later on cause I think we can assume at some point we all just randomly hit as many keys as possible to get the text over quicker. Lik, in the beginning while discovering how chat works, let it slow, but after 2 helps, make each press on a key type twice as many letters, and later on, maybe make each press spawn a word
- I wish there was some kind of "notepad" integrated in the help file just to have all the keys we gotta hit being made automatically. That way it feels less of a hassle to cycle through the conversations to find the codes we need to input
- Because the game isn't very fast paced, restarting it over every error is kind of a chore. maybe the error could just send you back at the beginning, or make the game still crash but have you spawn where you left off
- The pitfall game had a bit of clunky animations, which are a bit disorienting.
- Could have a bit more juice on the help center (sounds when you receive a reply/you type. It does beep when you get an incoming conversation at least
- The story in general was intriguing, interesting, but felt at some extend too cryptic, as I wish I had more answers. I like the twist where you can start the help over and get some message, but I don't feel like I know "more". You could argue that it's for the player to have interpretations, but I feel like we could have more
- That said, I liked how immersive and interesting it felt. I wanted to play this until the end and I like how you integrated "two games in one"!
- That's also a creative take on the theme! It has meta elements, trapping you in a loop until you get out!
Damn... I feel kinda dumb I didn't think of changing the number of character added when typing. For some reason GM seem to take inputs too slowly and I was too focused on that part of the equation >_<
A few of these are compromise I made for time and/or "coherence". I agree with those but I didn't really find a good solution (or one I liked). Turns out having to test two games at once takes a while :D
As for the story, I really didn't know how much information I should have given. It's the kind of thing you do at one point and think you'll come back to, and you just don't :/ Thinking back, I kinda regret not spending more time thinking about the story before writing the dialog. And I definitely think it lacks a satisfying conclusion.
Anyways, thanks a lot for the feedback!
Kylazaur Level 4
I get the loop... It's just a very tedious one xD, nice entry and good job with how you did the did ^0^