You are a half human half machine Cyborg in the not so far future. You are part of a goverment special force to fight terrorists and other threats to humankind. You are equipped with a loop device, a special equippment that lets you tear appart time and space in order to find your way through impossible situation. You are a Looper!!!
Richard Level 4
If this game was made in 48 hours then hats off. I really liked the art, music, sound effects and gameplay. Implementation of portals is clever. Even the details like lights which represented my field of view.
The difficulty is well-balanced, you really have to move while shooting to enemies.
A few cons: To make it clear to others, you use teleport with Q button (because that key in the picture is everything but not Q). Also I should not be allowed to teleport into the wall.
Anyway, remarkable game. I enjoyed silly music at the end ;D
Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it a lot. :D
I used a lot of marketplace add ons i was already familiar with (exCamera, 2D Lighting), so i managed to put up something really quick. The movment and mechanics were all done on the spot for the GM (though its like the 10millionth time i do top down movement so the code is nothing really new). Same goes for the graphics. But this meant i had more time to focus on the graphics and soundesign (which is my speciality actually). Of course 48h are still short, so some bugs are bound to happen... normally you shouldn't be able to portal into walls since i actually check for that ... but i am not arrogant enough to say my code is perfect in that sense... ;)
WangleLine 🌸 Level 14
I like that there was a cursor that indicated where I am going to come out when I teleport, but I feel like this made the normal aiming way harder, since I constantly had to mentally switch between the teleportation cursor and my pesky little windows cursor for aiming.
Other than that, I think the music sounds nice and fits the game really well, but those sound effects sound a bit silly at times.
Good luck with the game!~
Kwisarts Level 43
- I like how we feel the impact of bullets
- Escape button closes the game. I expected it to pause so I had to start all over lol
- in the menu, where it shows the control, the last key is not clear. Don't know what that symbol means, so I had to randomly press keys
- weird little collision issue: when holding right against a door, releasing makes you drift ( thought it wouldn't be an issue, until I dashed to a wall and it made things a bit too unpredictable)
- the crosshair being locked around you while the actual cursor wasn't felt pretty disorienting to me. That + the crosshair being blocked by obstacles. Though I find the latter to be alright and somewhat of a nice touch
- The AI has incredible reflexes, making them very prompt to surprise-hit you, most of the time making you unable to react, which makes the game feel harder
- On the other end, I assume the AI doesn't shoot you when not in sight. Except you can, so they just accept your bullets without moving. I mean, the game is hard, so at least you can take advantage of the system. Basically the only times they can damage you is when you're forced to teleport in front of them (which is unavoidable if it wasn't for the dash)
- I wish we could see how much time we have left before being teleported back
- In the last room, there were 2 player instances. At first, I thought I just had double damage but then my double stopped moving, revealing I was not alone with myself lol So this made 2 different targets for enemies, with each their healthbar, and I could damage myself, trippy
- Game feels maybe a bit too realistic? Bullets are hard to see as a result, but it's not really an issue
- I always tend to forget dash buttons in games. Allows this game to become way easier, kind of wished it had a cooldown, a bit easy to abuse. I didn't use it though because the safest play is advancing just enough to damage the enemies :)
- I really like the lighting! I assume it's the same free marketplace asset my team almost used (we couldn't because of the camera)
Thank you Kwis for this really in depth feedback.
Obviously there will always be issues with games made in such a short time (as you for sure know). Balancing everything has taken a back seat.
The crosshair thingy, i think we already talked about a lot in my other games (the vampire babe had the same system).
Yosi Level 8
Great game! The mechanics were neat and the combat was pretty fun (although towards the end I opted for just dashing to the exit lol). My only real complaint was that the enemies would instantly aim at you if you teleported, but then I realized you could dash instead of teleporting to avoid them. Also, the ending music is amazing :)
Thank you Yosi. Combat Balancing will obviously always be an issue, and i myself never killed all the enemies in the last room and dashed my way through them :D I planned on a boss battle being there, but opted to just place a lot of enemies instead, because the time was running short.
The end credits music was done in roughly 10 minutes :D Glad you like it. Be sure to give a full listen to the title screen song. Sadly almost no one will listen to that in its fully glory (its still only roughly 2 minutes long)
Panda-K Level 11
I liked the puzzles, but I didn't really get the combat. Is there a way to use your powers to avoid getting shot? It seemed like the best strategy was just to take pot shots from far away...
Yeah. Combat balancing is hard in such a short time. Originally your weapon did a lot more dmg, which made combat quite easy. I changed it to be a bit harder ...
Your dash (space key) makes you invulnerable for the frames it lasts. So you can dash the bullets, or opt to dash a lot of the combat overall like Yosi did.