This had a lot of VVVVV and Super Meat Boy inspiration by the looks of it with the though-as-nails platforming, I wasn't quite sure what was going on some of the time, I think some exposition might have helped with that, but I see what you were going for here and liked playing it
Jackaroo Level 9
I tried the HTML version at first at the sprites didn't seem to load correctly. Everything was a black box but once i downloaded and played it, everything was all fine. Might've just been something my end but thought I'd mention it.
I'm not sure what to make of this one to be honest. I really had no idea what to do and kept reaching areas that seemed impossible to get past. If they weren't impossible then they required some incredibly precise timing to pull off and I just couldn't manage it.
The wall jump mechanic seemed to work against me too. Sometimes I needed to make a tight turn in the air to avoid some spikes or something but I couldn't really pull off that tight turn as I'd just hit a wall and bounce back up to where I just was.
I like the creepy sort of atmosphere the game had going on but other than that I can't really say much as I just had no idea where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to be doing.
Veralos Level 37
There's some cool elements here but I ultimately found the game quite frustrating to play. I played until I reached a room with no exit. Presumably I was supposed to be collecting the symbols but that whole aspect seemed quite cryptic (I think you can only collect them when they are highlighted at the of of the screen... maybe). The bouncing concept is interesting but would be better suited to a game with less punishing level design. It feels like 10% of the time bouncing is helpful and the other 90% it just flings you into spikes.
The presentation is really nice though. The static-like visual effects with constantly shifting ambience creates a very eerie atmosphere. The trails objects leave behind are neat and the spikes turning red over the 60 seconds looks cool too. And as annoying as it can be, the gameplay is quite fun when it works. Pulling off a successful combo of bounces and jumps is very satisfying.
There was something oddly haunting about the atmosphere of this, even in spite of the sound effects and gameplay. The slightly trippy dark background with the simple music sort of made it feel really "lonely" - in an intentional way.
I didn't get massively far in this, but what I played seemed to control fluently. Nice work!
This one was a bit of mixed bag, and I had no idea what to expect from the empty page.
The core mechanic of bouncing works well enough, and the game definetly has a creepy vibe. Also +1 for making a HTML version, no downloading required was nice.
The things I'm unsure on is the theme mostly, I'm not sure where the 60 seconds comes into it but perhaps I didn't get far enough? the game is challenging but I dont consider that a negative.
There were some strange things going on with the graphics too and I'm not sure if they were intentional or not. Were some spikes supposed to have red line overlays and some weren't? The artifacts that appeared behind my player every frame in certain areas didn't feel inentional either.
There's definetly potential, matching the theme better would be my advice for next time round, as the gameplay works well.
This game does not have anything to do with the theme whatsoever. On top of that it seems like you're purposefully being "crypic" about the game, which does not help. Please at least give information about the controls.
Very unique game, the bouncing around was frustrating at first but became a really interesting twist.
I guess I got the "bad ending" because by the point I had to turn around I only had 2 sybols. And the game was too hard for me to try I get them all, especially since I don't know if there's a easy way to loop everything if you miss one.
I had a really hard time on two levels, basically those with low ceilings, the last one, and an earlier one where you have to do a double jump in a narrow corridor, which felt like a really big difficulty spike.
Other than that it was hard, but the hitboxes were generous enough, especially for a jam game :D
The Great Gatsby Level 9
the bouncing off walls was really disorienting, and there were some weird atrifacts. other then that, it was pretty much fine. didn't see how it fit the theme though
Junction Games Level 5
Very interesting gameplay. One of the more unique platformers that I've played in a while.