So... I don't know how to tell you, but the window of this game really likes to smoke, which tends to have negative consequences most of the time.
Use WASD to move
Did you know smoking causes crashing and bugs?
More content would have been nice, but what is already there is fun and interesting :) Nice criticism on smoking too.Submitted
Not sure if I beat it or not, I climbed to the top and the game continued? Reminded me of climbing Death Mountain in Ocarina of Time when you had to dodge the falling rocks.
I will say, the language caught me off guard there ;)
I like the meta-mechanics used here. Not a huge amount in the way of gameplay, but it did have charm.Submitted
This was a game!
- I triggered the second ending because I was multitasking
- the smoke was a bit... strange. thought it was clouds at first but i guess that's your intent. but the way it's shaking is... a bit strange lol
- also the height of those clouds is so low yet the cig is so huge how do you explain that?
- I like the multiple endings. I think any jam game with multiple endings is worth gold.
Nice little game! After reading some feedback I actually returned to find the other endings :D I like this kind of stuff. The game was very short, sure, but it was fun while it lasted nonetheless!
The awareness of the NPC was a nice touch, too! It was indeed a small universe :DSubmitted
Baku already said what I wanted to say, so I was gonna say: "This was a really rude window.", but I tried another ending and the window was really nice in this one.
In the end this game is teaching us a really good lesson!
Can't find the 3rd ending thoughSubmitted
The window is nice to you if you just leave it be, the third ending is a super secret ending that even I didn't know about. Baku discovered it by having a weird screen size, my checks don't work that well and the game ends up crashing, but it makes sense canonically so I'm gonna pretend like the game is so meta it made its third ending by itself.
If I didn't know smoking causes crashing and bugs before, then I certainly do now. I really can't tell if what occurred on my screen is what you intended should happen... 🤔
- If you leave the cig, come back and climb it again, you can trigger the popup over and over and over
- The window size changing is cool, but it seems the game doesn't quite know how to handle it consistently. Aside from the graphics not sticking well to the edges of the window, sometimes colour bars would appear on the top and bottom, but other times on the sides?
- If you stay by the cig instead of leaving, and slowly watch the game turn into a latvian flag (lol), eventually the game just crashes
So all in all, very interesting and funny idea, it's a little rough around the edges :P
BTW, are there more than 3 endings? OwO
I usually try to smooth the edges before publishing the game but I definitely didn't put as much time on it as I usually do this time.
Most of the things you mentioned were my "Intentional" way of hiding unintentional problems in the game, before crashing the window is supposed to give you one last message and close the game, but you somehow got around that 🤔
There's actually only 3 endings and I'm surprised you played the game enough times to get all of them lol.
Thanks for playing and for the extensive feedback! Glory to Latvia.
The window getting smaller is such a nice touch. The game is a bit short and hard to really "get" but otherwise I like the ... story?
Gameplay was not bad. It was a touch short buy it made sense and felt somewhat challenging. I really like the window resizing effect. It did take a long time to get to the ending though so maybe a bit faster would be nice. Very abstract but I like it.