20 Rooms is a challenging top-down parkour game with three difficulty levels, normal, hard, and brutal; these difficulty levels delay the countdown by 3 seconds, 3.75 seconds or 4.5 respectively. If the countdown reaches 0, you lose.
General:You can walk on this You can walk on this too, but it falls when you touch it You can wall jump off of this You can wall jump off of this too, but it falls when you touch it This is the exit to the next level
- ( WASD ) - Move
- ( Space ) - Jump / Wall Jump
- ( Shift ) - Walk
- ( Escape ) - Escape to main menu
AtomicDouche Level 11
I liked the perspective the game is set in, and the concepts that come with it. It's balls-to-the-walls hard, the 45 degree jumps especially. I think the controls might be the culprit. Too little time. I gave it a few tries on different difficulties (nice detail), but no avail, I just keep running out of time a few rooms in. Not making a jump often also resulted in running off the starting point.
This is a really fun twist on platforming, but like other have said, it's too difficult in this state.
I think the biggest issue is the size of your hitbox. I think it should be bigger, so that it's easier to jump off platforms, and it would avoid a few close calls that had me die as I barely touched the platform. Alors the levels where you're supposed to make a small jump are too hard. You either go way too far, or do a ridiculously small jump because you had no momentum.
Also, the walljump corridor has a "bug", if you let spacebar pressed, it auto walljumps and the character keeps getting bigger and bigger :D
Kwisarts Level 47
- Avoid mouse menu controls if your gameplay never involves the mouse (or give the player the choice)
- The difficulty has different settings, but the normal setting is already pretty diffult. Either have it easier, either introduce the mechanics with a tutorial that is way easier. We don't have the time to get comfortable with the controls. Keep in mind the game feels easy to you because you've played it way more than us and playtested it, meaning you're comfortable with the mechanics. Can't really expect that from new players :T
- Speaking of which, the controls felt rather stiff, not being able to change course during jump even slightly makes it a bit harder, especially since you're not sure where you are landing. The acceleration makes jumps a bit less predictable.
Other than that, thee game isn't that bad, it's nice that when you jump, your character gets closer to the camera!
Ivar Level 22
OMG! This is even harder than the Sans battle in the EASIEST DIFFICULTY! I spent 50 minutes trying to complete it but I've just become angry. I will try not to release my anger on your ratings.
This would be a normal difficulty if it was checkpoints after each level. Don't expect players to be as good as you are at your game. I can complete all levels in my game (Deadline Disaster) effortlessly on the first try but that is still a hard game.
Please let a relative test your game before you send it in.
Cole Pergerson Level 2
What! The timer doesn't reset when I die. So cruel XD
var MP; Level 3
Alright. I of course loved the 3d jumping effect. What I wouldn't do is make the player restart the whole game when he loses the timer. It becomes frustrating really fast.
I also would love to see a more traditional learning curve, as I think the concept is good!
Overall, nice entry that I think would be amazing if you give it the time it deserves!