Take on the role of a Man and Woman trying to decide their new life paths as they made one HUGE mistake they can't just get rid of...or can they?
Full version is coming soon. Could not get the entire story in the game due to lengthy engine creation, unfortunately. Stay tuned on twitter for the full release!
- Story, Programming, Game Design: Joshua Long - RadethDart
- Art & Design: Anna - Vampy3k
- Original Music By: Johnathyn Long - LlamaSalami
Tecna Level 10
I loved the style of this game: from its great music to the drawings. The team artist is really very talented, send my compliment to her. :)
I'm looking forward to the release of the full version, as I found the story super interesting and the ambience all right. I also liked that the characters have generic names, that way you can put any person at their shoes. Congratulations!
Veralos Level 26
It's a shame there isn't much to it currently, as it's a very interesting and unique idea for a game. I went through all the potential outcomes - it's cool how the story can diverge so much.
The audio suits the game well. I also like the art style, though I found it odd how sometimes the people have faces and sometimes not. Was that an intentional decision or just because you ran out of time?
Thank you for the feedback! I hope you get the chance to play the final game once I am done.
As for the art..that was a choice decision for style. The emotions are displayed with facial features, whereas the faceless are content, or without emotion. The only thing that suffered from lack of time for such a lengthy idea is the story progression.
Kwisarts Level 43
Something else than pixel art, so it's refreshing. However, as you know, in that state there isn't much to do. Was going to mention the lack of sound but I see in feedbacks that there is sounds. And yeah... maybe too subtle there... :/
Also, something I'd like to point out: The text should not be aligned to the center. When each letter is added, especially at that speed (don't get me wrong though it's good that it's fast) where it is very annoying to read as the text is being displayed (when texts are typed in other games, you can usually read a word as it is written, or read the beginning of the sentence as the rest is getting typed)
Also, for immersion, I strongly recommend to either let the player choose a name, either the characters to be named cause "man does x" and "woman tells x" doesn't encourage us to get involved in the story. I get that you preferred to be vague to allow some neutrality/imagination but since it's a story, it's better that the characters are defined.
I appreciate the lengthy feedback.
- There is music, and I developed the game at 30% volume, so the sounds were designed to be listened as such. I increased the volume for the full release.
- I understand that there isn't much to do given the fact that I didn't have near enough time to complete the game in the time given. I am working on the finished game to be released next month.
- The text can be pushed faster by clicking for instant text output. I personally can read the text as it's coming out, but for people who don't , you can click to make the text faster (that will be described in the pretense of the game).
- As for the character naming. I chose that because that is their name in this story. The story is about them making the choices, yes, but the only name that matters is August, the child. You don't get to experience this because the game is so short for the jam (which is why I labeled it a demo).
Problematicar Level 32
Interesting idea for the theme, but you don't actually end up going anywhere with it, seems like the story is simple but interesting, and then you just cut it short, no matter what choice the player makes.
I mean, the art is good, the sound is appropriate, but the gameplay is just clicking, and your choices don't make that much of a difference anyway, since the story ends before it even starts.
I mean, as an intro for a game, this is great, but as a game itself? Not so much.
cortop Level 4
Nice presentation! Graphics were simple, but pleasant. Same goes for the music, though it was very quiet. I liked the story, but like others have said, it just... ends? I can see where you were going with the sacrifice theme, but unfortunately it seems like you couldn't fit it into the released game.
I'd like the play the extended (full?) version once it's finished!
I will make sure to link the full version here once it's done :) I am truly glad people are enjoying the game though! You all can see the type of sacrifice you are going to have to make...but trust me when I say this..there are things you won't see coming.
As for the music...It was recorded SUPER loud, so I toned it down. I am working on a better sound balance, thank you for your feedback :)
Oh man, I loved where this was going and was completely engaged but then it ended abruptly...? I never got to make the difficult sacrifice. Did you not have enough time?