A simple puzzle game. You have to defuse a bomb that is in your house. Find the bomb and the right tool and your job is done! Game has 3 levels, according to difficulty.
Kwisarts Level 47
- Music felt inappropriate. Apparently it was an already made asset? If yes, that's easy to assume cause not making the music yourself (or not having someone doing it for you according to the game) makes it harder to fit
- Different difficulties, but they all felt kind of the same level. Easy is actually not so easy because unless you know where things are, you're losing because you have to do a specific path. Higher difficulties are just about memorizing a slightly more complex path. So it didn't feel really different...
- Please, if the gameplay doesn't require mouse, there is no reason to need it for the menu, it only makes it more tedious to start. :(
- Note that you mentioned the loud music was on purpose for tension; Avoid that. The tone of the music is what gives the tension, not its loudness. It will only manage to make the game unpleasant rather than serving the tension :/
- The art looks kinda unequal
I can see you put efforts though, the house feels like a house because of the number of decorations!
Yeah so, the royalty free stuff isn't allowed, since all content must be created during the 48h, but my main gripe with that is : check the level of the sound!! I'm at 13% on windows and it's still kinda loud.
The controls are all over the place, in the menu we use the mouse to select an item (but we need to press a key to go back from the "about" section), and in game the action button is shift??? First, avoid shift for repeatable stuff because of sticky keys, but also there's a perfectly good and big spacebar on every keyboard :D
And finally, on the gameplay side, I get that difficult is supposed to be harder but testing keys at random isn't interesting difficulty, you just learn that you need to go back and forth and that's all. If the color of keys have an impact, doors should be colored too. Else you might as well have only grey keys.
Ok I lied, one more thing: avoid at all cost using the default text box thing.
It might sound harsh since I'm focusing on problems, but those things are easily avoidable and once you fix stuff like that the game you make improve exponentially.
I feel like jamming a sword into a bomb might do the opposite of defusing it lol
Too bad about the use of royalty music, the rest of the game isn't terrible
Edit: No, I mean using royalty free music is against the rules, so the game will be disqualified :(
Ok, sword was not probably the best item :D
I have almost no skill in creating music/sounds so I found the royalty free music the best option. But yes, it may be bad.
Thanks for the opinion :)
Edit: oh, ok... it is a pity, I misunderstood that copyright rule, I thought royalty free music was usable. Thanks for information. Feel very disappointed now...
MirthCastle Level 2
Well executed! it's one of those you want to play over and over until you figure out the puzzle.
The bomb was good use of countdown theme and created tension.
The only things I could say about this one is I would make the stuff you collect stand out a teeny bit farther.
I understand you are supposed to "find" things, but they all sorta blended together. I would also suggest that you ditch the sword, and place something that is in the environment as the "strong weapon". it will help the player feel more involved in the "search".
I thought it would be funny, that if you could collect the bomb, and put it in the tub or something... maybe be able to grab that pool-stick?
Thank you for making this for us! :)