The player takes the role as a king of a Slime kingdom. Once awakened in his throne room, suddenly you get attacked by waves of enemies! Grab gear and weapons to defend yourself and survive endless waves of enemies. How far can you get?
- Hard difficulty, be ready for some tense action
- You can gain Slime Points by jumping on heads of dead enemies. Once you jump on everyone's head and collected the points, next wave will begin.
- Combo the jumps on enemy heads without touching the ground for bonus Slime Points. There is sound indicating your combo.
- Slow weapons have an advantage if you start the attack mid-air and time it correctly while landing
- You can buy items by jumping against the shop blocks super mario style!
- Buying armor acts like a potion. Restores all your hearts to the max armor.
Arrow keys - Move
Z - Attack
X - Jump
Weerdoh - Artist
ImaginaryMan - Artist
Shavv - Coder, Designer, Music & Sound
Kwisarts Level 45
I hate the zx control scheme, always forces me to switch to an english keyboard layout. :( (ultimately it's fine but it's making it a pain to play & feedback at the same time lol) Anyway,
- In a game jam, it's good to etiher not start fullscreen, either leave a way to switch fullscreen off (the default alt+enter for example)
- The sounds fit the game rather well!
- The difficulty feels unfair, to confirm what other said. They need a sort of "cooldown" before attacking because they're instantly charging you, and this is happening while you wait for your weapon to swing, making you see your inevitable death, considering you're slowed down while swinging
- Several enemies hitting you at once seems to signify death
- Also I hate fighting against enemies with spears, but I do like owning one.
- What are these purple orbs flying around? I thought they were loot at first but they don't seem to have any effect
- Would have liked for the hits to have more feedback/juice. With such slow swings, the result could look very satisfying with appropriate visual effects
- Would have liked a pointer at the start of a room to know where the enemies are. It feels... kinda dumb to go on a side of the room just to realize the enemy was the other way xD
- Even if I think the fighting system is slow in terms of delay (or "lag"), I found that mechanic interesting. It gave weight to your attacks and forces you to think carefully on your strategy. The animations were nice too!
TobyMoby Level 9
I really loved this!
What I liked: -The art is nice -Gameplay is punishing, but once you get the hang of it you can really shine -Pretty addictive, wanted to do a run after run
What I'd like to see improved: -There are a lot of orbs flying towards you when killing enemies, but you only get very little slime orbs. This was a bit confusing, because I thought there was some hidden money variable -Lifes did not refill between waves. I think it would be better if you had two lives each wave, so that at least one mistake per wave was forgiven
This is definately a game I'll keep on my disk, it's a fun time killer, and I imagine getting better and better feels awesome!
trolog Level 6
I love the game Icon on this profile fantastic!
The game overall was a really good wave survival with different weapons offering up different strats, I love these types of games so had fun, though I found it a bit too slow at the start, it takes so long to get enough credits to buy things, and when you die starting over is a bit of a bummer.
The art is fantastic, I love the style and it's all consistent, well done on this!
the sound effects fit the game perfectly, I think the best feature for me at least, was the weapon movement, it was really juicy!
There is a lot here for just 48 hours, was you doing everything yourself? It's a huge achievement.
CheekyChap Level 3
My experience of slime time was fun but it was bit too tough mainly with the rng of which items appear in the shop and their prices even after a few play through I struggled getting up too the 5th wave.
The sprites and background were nicely done, and the animations were smooth.
Some of the mechanics were done well such as when enemies would backup when attacked was really cool.
Overall fun but really hard.
mediyaz Level 6
I found the combat system really engaging - but VERY difficult - I really liked trying to time and space attacks so that they land just at the right time and don't leave you vulnerable. I liked also that when you committed to an attack, you could back away from the enemy but you'd still face towards them so as they closed with you, just as they got in range, you could hit them as you were retreating. All this made the combat feel weighty and tactical and kinda quite realistic in a way? It reminded me of this video where spacing and reach are so important.
A testament to your game's realness - the spears were way OP compared to all the other weapons with less reach :') Because the spearmen could strike really quickly from far enough away, it took a miracle of timing or daring to close with them at just the right time so I didn't get stabbed.
Thank you so much for your long review and feedback. That is indeed a good video about spacing and things like that inspired me to make the combat system like that. Unfortunately we lacked the time for more balancing on the spears because they are CERTAINLY OP.
I hope you had fun playing our game and thank you for your time.
Kylazaur Level 4
For a while I was like "well... what do I do now?" and then I looked at the description and figured it out xD, it would of been nice for a little in game hint to when they're down to squash their souls and the wave system was a little small (I'm talking about the on the GUI) :P
Great game you've got here, SUPER hard with only two health but nice entry you've got here ^-^
Panda-K Level 13
The combat is sooo tricky, maybe having enemies pause for a second after attacking would give you a window with slower weapons? Larger UI elements would be great too.
I really liked the chill vibe of the music and the nice art, though.
WangleLine 🌸 Level 16
There is a very clear lack of introductory elements, like a proper tutorial, some easy enemies to practice with etc.
I found it very confusing that I got automatically teleported into the shop once i collected a few coins I couldn't even buy items with.
I poked the first enemy I encountered about 20 times with my spear and it didn't do anything. Then I accidentally jumped on them and I killed the enemy instantly. I found that a bit weird
I do however like all the sprites you made for this game, I definitely enjoyed looking at this game more than playing it, to be honest.
The GUI is very small and too close to the edge of the screen. I recommend making all of that a bit larger and with a bit of distance to the screen border!
That's all the feedback I've got now, I hope this helps :D
Thank you for your feedback. There is indeed a lack of introduction to some game elements. Once you killed an enemy, they stand still and you have to jump on them, thats how you kill them and collect coins. There is a sprite specially made for a death state, sorry you missed it.
However the shop is randomized, and you cannot always buy something. This is meant as a introduction for the shop.
And about hitting the enemy 20 times, what you essentially were doing is kept on hitting a corpse.