You play as munchun, a friendly little demon who wishes to save his furry animals. Unfortunately, he is a blood demon and tends to use too much blood. Everytime you barf blood, you lose a bit of your life and you are limited on options to get it back.
Important note: the game is (unfortunately) not finished.
You may still be able to play it and finish it though... but because I was running out of time and was not able to play test the game, the level design is terrible.. Note that the elements (such as monster doors, donation booths and animals) are randomly placed, so each time you play, the layout will change! You won't really feel the change though...
Munchun is a platformer shooter in which you try to rescue animals while killing monsters. As you shoot enemies, you lose blood. You can get some back in various ways.
How to play it
Your goal is to find the exit. It will only appear if you either:
- Kill a certain number of enemies
- save a certain number of animals
You lose health by:
- barfing (attacking) (but just a bit)
- when being attacked by a monster
You have several ways to get health:
- You only gain a bit, but collecting coins gives you health because they are blood coins. You need blood by any means necessary.
- Use your coins to donate to donation booths.
- The most effective way to heal is to sacrifice animals. It's even easy, they are unable to move!
You may also get upgrades:
- sacrificing an animal randomly gives you one of the three following upgrades:
- Increases your maximum Health.
- Increases your attack damage. Careful, it also hurts you more to barf
- Gives you free money. Who would say no to that? *donating might sometimes give you a maximum health increase
- killing monsters makes you stronger! You gain a bit more of maximum health, a few coins and more damage once you've killed enough!
- Being an altruist isn't that bad, saving enough bunnies will give you a significant ammount of maximum health.
Watch out with your sacrifice! Yes, it's easier for you, since you are a blood based demon. But it also makes the monsters tougher...
Note: Unfortunately, I lacked time and couldn't add the choice of keyboard (wasd or qzsd). It's not that I didn't think of it, it's just that I was in a rush. (well, you'll notice, considering how unfinished the game is)
- W key - go up (jump)
- A key - go left
- S key - go do... wait, that's not in the game
- D key - go right, pretty straight forward right?
- Left arrow - barf/shoot to the left
- Right arrow - barf/shoot to the right
- E key - Action (sacrifice, donating, exiting)
- F key - Secondary action (save)
- Escape - No one escapes fate
- alt + enter - Fullscreen
If you die, restart with the R key!
Butterflies, Flies, Bees, Wasps, spiders, moskitos... the list goes on
The game exhausted me. It is frustrating because the main mechanics were there and I think the game could have potential.